About Me

My photo
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Hello, and welcome to my blog! I like to write about children's literature, fairy tales, feminism, and pop culture in general. I've recently earned my Ph.D. in children's literature at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. I also review children's and young adult books for Kirkus and teach English at Sowela Technical Community College. Oh, and I like cats! [Banner image artwork by Yuki Midorikawa]

Monday, April 19, 2010

Pogo remixes Disney's Alice


Sadly, I have to admit that I had never heard of Pogo before. A friend and colleague sent me a link to a story about his "slicing and dicing" (as the article puts it) of scenes from Alice in Wonderland. Now, I am not an Alice purist and am actually a fan of the film. (Well, one can be a purist and still enjoy the film, but many do quibble with it, and for understandable reasons. For one thing, you can't really imagine this proper young lady getting into half the trouble that Carroll's Alice stumbles into. Don't you just love American depictions of British characters?) So I have to say that this really and truly charmed me.


Anywho, here's the article, with the video embedded towards the end: LINK


I'm going to check out some of Pogo's other work with kids' films and see if I like those just as much. Supposedly, he "spliced and diced" one of the Harry Potter films, too. (And here comes the kiddie film critic in me...) Please don't let it be Prisoner of Azkaban!!

No comments:

Post a Comment